Monday, October 20, 2008

The Big 2-4

Today is my birthday. Yippee! The day when random people who you never talk face to face with and really don't know anything about your life at this point decide that they should write "happy birthday brian!" on your Facebook wall. Cool. Thanks. Talk to you next year. . .

I don't mean to be a scrooge, but I do think its pretty funny. People just start coming out of the woodwork to say happy birthday and never ask how you are doing or what you are up to. Now, I'm a big fan of Facebook, and without it 97% of my "facebook friends" wouldn't have any idea that today is my birthday, but for real, could we be any more impersonal? Couldn't I at least get a text message?

Come to think about it, what the heck is the big deal about a birthday anyway? I mean it's not like I did anything to make this day special? Bah humbug!

p.s. i'm not really upset. apparently my old age is getting to me. on the off chance that someone who posted "happy birthday" on my facebook wall actually reads this, I want you to know that I am grateful, and that this was just an attempt at humor :) . . . but seriously, send me a freaking card or something, you impersonal jerk. . .

No comments: